We’ve got a double header of vinyl to give away from our friends over at Charly Records. Enter our competition to be in with a chance of winning The Meters Here Comes The Meter Man and The Meters Look-Ka Py Py.
The Meters were New Orleans’ premier instrumental band during the late 1960s and 70s. They played on numerous sessions for legendary producer Allen Toussaint, providing the backing for many of the New Orleans stars that Toussaint worked with including Lee Dorsey and Betty Harris.
All you have to do to enter is follow us on Twitter and and tweet:
I want to win 2 LPs by The Meters on @CharlyRecs courtesy of @ClassicAlbumSun! Full details on how to enter: http://bit.ly/2DH0qHG
Full terms and conditions below.
1.This competition is open to fans following Classic Album Sundays aged 21 years or over.
2. Employees of Classic Album Sundays or persons in any with involved in the development, production, or distribution of this competition, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, children) and household members of each such employee, are not eligible to participate in the Promotion.
3. To enter, entrants need to Tweet: I want to win 2 LPs by The Meters on @CharlyRecs courtesy of @ClassicAlbumSun! Full details on how to enter:
4. This competition will commence at 12.30pm (GMT) 24th January 2018. The cut off time for entries will be 11:59pm on Tuesday 30th January 2018. The winner will be notified by 13:00pm on Wednesday 31st January 2018.
5. CAS accepts no responsibility for any entries that are incomplete, illegible, corrupted or fail to reach the CAS by the relevant closing date for any reason. Proof of sending is not proof of receipt. Entries via agents or third parties are invalid.
6. Entrants may submit as many entries as they wish but no entrant may win more than one prize.
7. Anyone found to use multiple accounts to enter will be ineligible.
8. There will be one winner who will win a vinyl copy of The Meters Here Comes The Meter Man and The Meters Look-Ka Py Py.
9. No entrant may win more than one prize.
10. The Promoter’s decision is final. No correspondence will be entered into.
11. The prizes are non-transferrable and no cash alternative will be offered.
12. Prizes are subject to availability. In the event of unforeseen circumstances, CAS reserves the right (a) to substitute alternative prizes of equivalent or greater value and (b) in exceptional circumstances to amend or foreclose the promotion without notice. No correspondence will be entered into.
13. The winner will be notified by 13:00pm on Wednesday 31st January 2018.. The winner must claim their prize within 24 hours of the CAS sending notification. If the prize is unclaimed after this time, it will lapse and CAS reserves the right to offer the unclaimed prize to a substitute winner selected in accordance with these rules.
14. By entering the competition one agrees to the above terms and conditions.
from Classic Album Sundays
Take a look at what’s in Pop at mandersmedia on Discogs